Google

Monday, October 24, 2005

dhaka diary

Finally got all my documents together to apply for the Canadian entry clearance and handed in the application. The interview’s tomorrow, and I can wear yet another one of my new outfits :) Hopefully they won’t create any problems, and will just grant me the visa. After coming back from Canada, it feels strange to be one of the taller people in any public place. I’m probably below the average female height in Canada, but here I’m among the taller demographic. So much so that I’ve been to several places where people look at my feet to see how high my heels are! It’s a slightly disconcerting feeling as it almost seems like there’s something wrong with my feet/legs, but at the same time, it’s good to be tall again and not tiny. Especially when I think about walking next to my friend CS in Guelph or L & Eire in Kingston and how I look so tiny in front of them. It’s been raining incessantly here. Lots of little floods here and there, and even more crazy traffic jams. But I’m getting used to it. It’s taking longer than it normally does, but the assimilation is happening all over again. The same way that I’m getting used to all the staring. The nose is doing well. Need to go to shopping for a decent stud still. Probably will end up getting one before eid. So much to do but so little time….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home