Google

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the end...?

i think this will unofficially be the last post on this blog. i've had this blog for 13 months, and finally have come to a point where i don't want to write in a blog anymore. it'll still be here at the same address, and in case something big happens, for example if i get married, then i may post an entry. if you've read anything of the blog so far then you'll know that that event will not happen anytime soon! ;)

bye bye all and thanks for visiting! :D

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

But I like your blog, its good to vent.

Emails are different to your blog, and as such the little flashes of what lurks behind that "un-perfectly-straightenable" haired head at various random moments are great.

(Mind you, I think that perfectly straight hair can be "boring" and I'm not too keen on the new fad "religion of GHD", however I understand that it’s nice to have the choice).

I guess your latest entry also marks the imminent end of your MSc, and time commitments as you move onto the big bad world of business, and relocation once again, uncertainty and another stage of your life.

Can't also help wondering if more regular comments & feedback from the likes of your blog reading pals including moi might motivate you to keep up the blogging habit for a while yet.

Maybeeee (Gosh, I like speculating don't I?) your decision to decrease the frequency of your blog is also in keeping with a pattern of other bloggers...2005 being "the year of the blog", (with so many people taking up blogging). The pattern might emerge of many "diary" bloggers becoming less interested in their own blogs within 12-24 months, whilst others who focus on impersonal subjects to blog about keep at it....Wonder how I can make some money out of my blog ideas and hypotheses?

Anyway, back to you and your blog, I'm glad you're not deleting it for now, and a special thank you again for letting me know about it too. I have found it a great read to date and will be sad to know that realistically, even in emails and conversations there will be things that are just less likely to come up as topics (from tweezers and all sorts of smells, to 'cottaging' and indeed straightening of hair).

I do say "for now", as I know from a recent experience of putting my teenage diaries into storage recently how much views can change with time. I'm not ready to destroy them, as I love the memories they recount, and I am willing to divulge certain extracts to close family and friends who I shared those memories with, but sheesh there are so many parts that I find embarrassing for all sorts of reasons from the who/what/where to just sheer embarrassment at how differently my thought process worked then to now, and admitting just how sad (as in uncool rather than unhappy) I think, correction I now KNOW I was. I accept that I probably still am today but for totally different reasons, but hopefully (please God please) a lot less so :)

So, we shall see how things transpire for dear Spinneus Webbink/Little Things That Matter.
For now, thank you for the memories and insights to date, and I look forward to an even more varied selection of your thoughts from arbitrary to deeply important to discuss in whatever practical form in the future.

P.S. Cheers for not falling asleep half way through this “comment” but it turned out as so often happens a longer note than I thought I’d write when I put down the first sentence.

Talk to you soon.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not much of a writer but a good listener and reader for sure. I was really enjoying your blog but i never posted any comment just because i keep on reading ur old postings as well from time to time. so please please dont stop here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home